Science of Reading Workshop
Bridging the Gap Between the Science of Reading and Classroom Practices
“Forget who to blame for the current Reading Wars and stagnant reading scores, this session is chock full of solutions that are practical, affordable, and doable the next day you enter your classroom.” Richard Gentry
In this session we rethink how we teach literacy through the lens of the current cognitive science and neuroscience in the Science of Reading. We will focus on changes needed in classroom practices and how to integrate word study for teaching all the essential elements for reading comprehension and text composing:
Content includes the following:
- Phonological Awareness
- Morphology & Vocabulary
See how each of these integrated components impacts automatic word reading, reading comprehension and text composing.
PreK – Grade 6
Here’s how you benefit:
- Learn how to gather data, assess, instruct, and practice both encoding and decoding skills while building content and vocabulary knowledge.
- See how to save time and make your literacy teaching more efficient and easier to plan.
- Get reinforcement for what you are doing right along with specifics on what you may decide to change to make your teaching more effective.
- Leave with cutting edge science-based practices from the latest cognitive science and neuroscience.
- Experience staff development that is impactful, entertaining and engaging.